abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

smart control home

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

Hello, i am reaching out here, because i bought my Bosch smart controller and few smart radiator thermostats 1st gen and 2nd gen from Germany.
I was able to use them in Bulgaria, without any problems, untill today.
I wanted to add 1 more thermostat and they controller could not detect it. I decided to start from reseting everything and add them one by one. Now, few hours later, I cannot add a single thermostat to the controller. The controller itself is registering, without problems, but when i try to add thermostat, it cant find it, either manually nor scanning the QR code.
I used VPN to mask my ip - to think that its in Germany, but no luck so far

I did reset the controller few times, and nothing...

any ideas?
Thank You!

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW That’s not a correct reset.

After RES is shown in the display and the LED is blinking orange you have to release the button and press again until the LED gets green.

Ich antworte hier als privater Nutzer. Ich bin weder Bosch SmartHome noch Robert Bosch Mitarbeiter.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 ANTWORTEN 11

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW please delete all devices in the BSH app and reset all device according to the manuell.

Ich antworte hier als privater Nutzer. Ich bin weder Bosch SmartHome noch Robert Bosch Mitarbeiter.

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

This was the very first thing to do.
I deleted all devices, and i did reset the Controller. But i havent recet the devices, one by one.
Here is more detailed explanation:
I have Controller and 3 1st gen thermostats, and 2 2nd gen termostats that i recently bought.
I managed to pair all of them, except 1 ( 1st gen i didnt use) and everything was good.
When i decide to add the last device to the app, i couldnt, so i decided to do the reset and etc.
I did try multiple scenarios - run it through VPN with different country each time, i thought its location locked or something, also i tried different app setup, Austria, Germany, United Kingdom..again, just for the location..
I also went to a different house, where there is no interference, no multiple modems and devices, and i took 1 1st gen thermostat...i couldnt pair it there too.
then i took the batteries of all other thermostats and put them back, and i tried to pair at least one..nothing...
I dont know what happened and how, but honestly, i did reset this device multiple times and it took me like 6 hours already to brainstorm what could have happened.
I just ordered a new one, because i think something happened with this one and it wont pair.
It will be here in like 2 weeks i hope, and we will see.
Meanwhile, if somebody has an idea, i am open to it 🙂

thanks again

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW were is your Controller located? If it’s to to close the router or other wireless gateways, this can cause communication problems.

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

i tried to go to a different house, with less interference, same thing

That is not the proble, it used to work for 2 years, next to my WIFI router without any problems, and i had thermostats all over the house - 2 story 120m2 house..and i had good coverage 🙂

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

I Just bought a new Controller, and the problem is still the same - it wont pair with the theromostats!
I have both versions, and they used to work with the controller - gen 1

I guess i need to contact Bosch directly - this is going out of hand 😞

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW if you want to connect your devices to a new Smart Home Controller you have to reset them first.

Is the software of the new Controller up to date?

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

Its up to date, and actually, when you set it for first time, it checks for updates and it updates itself.
then you can connect mobile device and thermostat and so on.
I did the reset too, took the battery, held the 0 button and reinstalled the battery
2nd gen - says reset, the 1st gen thermostats - blinks fast 🙂
Trust me, i did everything by the book, its not making any sense why it wont connect!

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW That’s not a correct reset.

After RES is shown in the display and the LED is blinking orange you have to release the button and press again until the LED gets green.

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

OMG, i will do it right now!

I will let you know right away 🙂

IchoBMW
Apprentice Homie

I am glad you told me, honestly i did the reset like 100 times, but it never crossed my mind to push the 0 again!
It works! Everything paired right away, all 4 thermostats in the house! 
I really appreciate your help, you did me a huge favour!

Geomo
CEO of the Homies

@IchoBMW please sign my last post as solution then. Thanks.

Rechtswidrigen Inhalt melden